Microneedling is a simple treatment that improves the skin's texture and appearance by using the body's natural healing process to produce new collagen and elastin. Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure that requires little downtime. It's versatile and appropriate for all skin colors and types, and it can treat areas that are difficult to target with lasers and other devices. Another application for microneedling that produces great results , is the treatment of MELASMA. Since heat aggravates this condition and there is no heat component to microneedling, it's a suitable treatment for repairing the skin. Adjustable needle depth allows our specialists to use it on the face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, and back.
What is Micro-Needling, and how does it permanently reduces acne scars?
Micro-needling is also called skin needling, collagen induction therapy, and dermal needling. Micro-needling is a minimally invasive skin-rejuvenation procedure, that involves the use of a device that contains fine needles to puncture the skin. (Our Device is VERY different than a derma roller). We use sterile, ultra-fine, surgical strength micro-needling pens.
The needles are used to puncture the skin to create a "CONTROLLED" skin injury. Each puncture creates a channel that triggers the body to fill these microscopic wounds by producting new collagen and elastin. The micro-needles cause new collagen and elastin to be deposited (collagenases), new capillaries to be formed (angiogenesis) and new skin cells to be created. There is improvement in skin texture and firmness, as well as reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks.
Does It Hurt?
We use topical numbing cream prior to the treatment, which GREATLY reduces the discomfort. If you are someone who is afraid of needles, we can assure you that this will not be an issue with this treatment! IT LOOKS much worse than it feels!! To make sure you don't have any insecurities, about the pain you think you might feel during this treatment, we do a test patch on your hand prior to ANY treatment on the face! There will be a pinprick sensation felt at MOST, which is very tolerable. The sensation is comparable to a very strong microdermabrasion.
Depending on the individual skin condition, skin sufficiently resurfaces after 1-3 Medical Micro-Needling procedures. To allow skin cell regeneration, one should wait at least 6-8 weeks between procedures. As aging continues, we recommend one refresher treatment every year
Before Your Appointment:
- Avoidance of Accutane for the past 6 months
- Avoid For 2 Days Prior To Reduce the risk of bleeding and bruising: alcoholic beverages, aspirin, flaxseed oil
- Avoid retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, hydroquinone, sunburn, and benzoyl peroxide 3 days prior to procedure
- Recommended skin care system for preconditioning for 4-6 weeks for optimal results Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures for the past 7 days prior
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 5-7 days prior to the peel.
- If use of a peel was recommended in conjunction with the micro-needling, No topical agents that may increase skin sensitivity, reaction to the peel, or dryness 3-4 days prior to the peel (topical retinoid or hydroquinone products).
- No acids or defoliants that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) beta hydroxyl acids (BHA), exfoliating masks, hydroquinone, or benzoyl peroxide acne products).
- If no peel, 24 hours without irritating products.
- No shaving the day of the procedure
- No significant changes in the skin recently reported including breakdown of skin or excess dryness or sunburn
- Skin is clean without lotion, oil, makeup, deodorant, powder, perfume or sunscreen Antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if history of cold sores
- Patient denies today: active cold sores, herpes simplex, or warts in the area to be treated, open sores, sunburned, or excessively sensitive skin within the application area, pregnancy, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the peel application area. Reports no allergies to salicylates
• Helps to build collagen
• Smoothes fine lines and may help fill in pitting or areas lacking structure
• Smoothes acne scars
• Stimulates growth factors
• Post care includes no aggressive products for 48 hours after treatment and SPF of at least 30 shall be worn when outdoors
RENEW YOUR SKIN FROM THE INSIDE OUT.